Who We Are
Crescent Guardian, Inc., is full service security integration firm incorporating technology with guard services headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. CGI has served the federal, state, municipal, commercial, oil, pharmaceutical and critical infrastructure industry for over 19 years. CGI's professional portfolio includes: armed/unarmed guard services, security consulting, program management, IP video surveillance, RFID tracking, asset management, and video analytics.
Marian Pierre, CEO and Founder
Marian Pierre is CEO and founder of Crescent Guardian. During her over 20 years as CEO, Ms. Pierre has painstakingly transformed the company from a small, local guard services company to a large, national security technology and services company, adding additional offices in Dallas, Atlanta and Boston. Marian’s company grew to become the first woman-owned multi-million dollar professional security services firm in a three-state region. The company’s incredible rise enabled it to establish a vast clientele, including entities in government, public, critical infrastructure, and commercial sectors.
Prior to establishing CGI, Ms. Pierre had a long career in New Orleans City government, quickly mastering the ability to lead by learning and developing strategies and policies that encouraged entrepreneurship and efficient operations to achieve key goals. Throughout her professional career, Ms. Pierre has been devoted empowering women through politics, education, social involvement, and economics through an organization she founded, Women Organized Mobilized for Empowerment Now (W.O.M.E.N.) Inc.
Long recognized for her leadership and community efforts, New Orleans City Business named Ms. Pierre Woman of The Year in 2007 and most recently in 2012. In 2008 she was awarded the Parrin J. Mitchell Entrepreneur of the Year award. Under her leadership, CGI was also honored as New Orleans Small Business of the Year in 2000.
Ray Cavanagh, Vice President
Ray Cavanagh brings to Crescent Guardian over 25 years of experience selling high technology solutions to Fortune 1000 companies, with particular focus on the Energy sector, Financial Services, Government and Manufacturing. Prior to joining Crescent Guardian, he was Vice President of Worldwide Sales for Axcess International, Inc., an RFID Security solution provider for personnel and asset management and protection. Before that he was Vice President, Worldwide Sales Operations for OpenService, Inc.
Mr. Cavanagh holds CVI Certification (Chemical-terrorism Vulnerability Information) from the Department of Homeland Security. He has extensive experience managing direct sales and resellers across all International territories and ran independent Sales offices in U.K., France, Germany and Japan. He earned a Masters Degree in International Business from Northeastern University in Boston.
- Women Owned Small Business
- Minority-Owned business
- Self-Certified Small Disadvantaged Business
- For-Profit Organization
- BA Certified 8(a) Program Participant
- DoT Certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
- Limited Liability Company
- Aviation Board Certified
- Department of Waterworks Certified
- Louisiana Minority Business Council ( LAMBC )
- National Minority Supplier Development Council Inc ( NMSDC )
- American Society for Industrial Security ( ASIS International )
- New Orleans Chamber of Commerce ( New Orleans Chamber )
- Jefferson Parish Chamber of Commerce ( Jefferson Chamber )
- Minority and Women Business Enterprise ( MWBE )
- Women Impacting Public Policy ( WIPP )
- National Association for Female Executives ( NAFE )
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council ( WBENC )
- New Orleans Metropolitan Convention & Visitors Bureau, Inc. ( New Orleans CVB )
Crescent Guardian has been long recognized as a leading company with strong leadership and innovative solutions. Below are some examples of how CGI has been spotlighted by various entities across the nation.
- 2012 "Best Application of Technology" award by Louisiana Technology Council for work performed with Port Fourchon of Louisiana ( Press Release )
- 2012 Marian Pierre Voted Woman of the Year in New Orleans City Business
- 2011 Member of WIPP (Women in Public Policy) to help finalize the Small Business Administration's (SBA) newly created Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) Federal Contract Program. ( Press Release )
- 2011 Participated on AMEX OPEN Forum to help women in government contracting ( Press Release )
- 2010 Crescent Guardian registered as a member of SBA and obtained 8A certification and served government contracts
- 2008 Marian Pierre Wins Parren J. Mitchell Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- 2007 Marian Pierre Voted Woman of the Year in New Orleans City Business
- 2005 Crescent Guardian aided security during Hurricane Katrina and reestablished the destroyed business
- 2000 New Orleans Small Business of the Year
- 2000 Nominated for Small Business of the Year in Washington, D.C. by Army Corp Engineers and Coast Guard
- 1999 Marian Pierre Founded Women Organized Mobilized for Empowerment Now (W.O.M.E.N.) Inc.
- 1993 Marian Pierre Founded Crescent Guardian, the first women owned security company in Louisiana
"My entire life has been about service: service to my God, my family, my community and my city."
Marian Pierre, CEO and Founder of Crescent Guardian.
- Supporter of the Children's Defense Fund, New Orleans chapter
- Member of WIPP Women Impacting Public Polity
- Adopt a School Program: Provides summer trips to kids that meet attendance goals
- Distributed Education Program: Hires interns from local schools
- Adopt a Family for Christmas: Employees donate instead of giving gifts to each other
- School Supplies: Crescent Guadian sponsors school supplies for employees
- 1999 founded Women Organized Mobilized for Empowerment Now (W.O.M.E.N.) Inc.
- Breast Cancer Walk - Employees participate in the annual event to raise money
- Urban League of Greater New Orleans
- United Negro College Fund